Pav Bhaji is a famous Indian street food that has become popular all over the world. It’s a dish that everyone loves and it’s easy and fun to make at home. With a few simple steps, you can make the perfect pav bhaji in the comfort of your own kitchen. In this article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide to making the perfect pav bhaji at home!
To make the perfect pav bhaji you will need the following ingredients:
- 4-5 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 cup boiled and mashed vegetables (carrots, cauliflower, peas)
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 chopped onions
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp Pav Bhaji masala
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Lemon wedges
- Pav buns
Step by step guide for making perfect pav bhaji at home!
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Boil the potatoes until soft and mash using a masher.
- Boil the vegetables (carrots, cauliflower and peas) until soft and mash using a masher.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Fry for a minute with the ginger-garlic batter.
- Add chopped onions and saute until they become translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add pav bhaji masala and red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes and mashed vegetables. Mix well and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add water as required to bring the bhaji to desired consistency. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Allow the bhaji to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- When the bhaji is cooked, turn off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Cut the pav buns in half horizontally and toast them in butter on a griddle until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot pav bhaji with buttered pav buns and lemon wedges.
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have the perfect pav bhaji ready in no time.
Tips for making perfect pav bhaji at home!
- Mash the potatoes and vegetables well for a smooth texture bhaji.
- Use a mixture of butter and oil for the perfect balance of taste and health.
- Add pav bhaji masala and red chili powder as per your taste preference.
- Use fresh coriander leaves for a flavorful garnish.
- Toast the pav buns with butter for a crispy texture.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges for a tangy twist.
Q1. Can I use any vegetables to make pav bhaji?
A1. Yes, you can use any vegetable of your choice like beans, capsicum etc. However, potatoes and onions are essential ingredients for authentic pav bhaji taste.
Q2. How can I make the fries less spicy?
A2. You can reduce the amount of red chili powder and green chilies used in the recipe. You can add some more butter to balance the spiciness.
Q3. Can I make pav bhaji without butter?
A3. Yes, you can make pav bhaji without butter, but it may not have the authentic taste. You can use oil instead of butter, but the taste will be slightly different.
Q4. Can I store leftover pav vaji?
A4. Yes, you can store leftover pav roast in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat it in a pan or microwave before serving.
Q5. Can I use store bought pav bhaji masala?
A5. Yes, you can use store bought pav bhaji masala, but the taste may not be as good as homemade masala. If you are using store-bought spices, check the expiration date and adjust the amount according to your taste preference.
Q6. Can I make pav bhaji in advance for the party?
A6. Yes, you can make pav bhaji in advance for a party. You can make the bhaji a day ahead and store it in the fridge. Reheat it before serving and toast the pav buns just before serving for a perfect texture.
Pav bhaji is a delicious and filling dish that can be enjoyed anytime. With this step-by-step guide, you can now make the perfect pav bhaji at home and impress your friends and family. Be sure to follow our tips for best results. So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today and satisfy your pav bhaji cravings.